Our Mission – Fighting for our right to freedom from want.
Our action group is dedicated to one of Franklin Roosevelt’s four freedoms: “freedom from want.” We are focused on protecting and enlarging state and federal policies that reduce poverty and economic inequality in our society.
- Raising the minimum wage: Raising the New Jersey state minimum wage and addressing the issue of securing a living wage
- Tax reform: Reducing property taxes; restoring the New Jersey tax surcharge for high-income earners; and restoring the New Jersey estate tax, which was eliminated in 2016
- Social safety net: Defending the Affordable Care Act and other programs particularly important to middle class and working class people
- Well funded education: Better funding for schools and colleges to allow better education and lower property taxes and tuition charges.
- Equal pay for men and women
- Reducing student debt
- Strengthening unions
- Working with the New Jersey campaigns to raise the New Jersey minimum wage to $15 an hour and to raise the minimum wage at Rutgers University
- Working with the New Jersey campaign to restore the estate tax
Useful Resources and Links
Forward, Not Back Central Jersey