The replay of the February 7 Forum "Fixing New Jersey’s Broken Economy and Tax System" is available for viewing. Click below to view. This forum, with speakers from Forward, Not Back, Indivisible Central Jersey, the NJ Assembly, NJ Senate and the New Jersey Policy...read more
Our Mission – Fighting for our right to freedom from want.
Our action group is dedicated to one of Franklin Roosevelt’s four freedoms: “freedom from want.” We are focused on protecting and enlarging state and federal policies that reduce poverty and economic inequality in our society.
- Raising the minimum wage: Raising the New Jersey state minimum wage and addressing the issue of securing a living wage
- Tax reform: Reducing property taxes; restoring the New Jersey tax surcharge for high-income earners; and restoring the New Jersey estate tax, which was eliminated in 2016
- Social safety net: Defending the Affordable Care Act and other programs particularly important to middle class and working class people
- Well funded education: Better funding for schools and colleges to allow better education and lower property taxes and tuition charges.
- Equal pay for men and women
- Reducing student debt
- Strengthening unions
- Working with the New Jersey campaigns to raise the New Jersey minimum wage to $15 an hour and to raise the minimum wage at Rutgers University
- Working with the New Jersey campaign to restore the estate tax